Re: Problem with special keys as shortcuts

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Renato Botelho <rbgarga@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Is nice to see development is backing :)
>
> So, i'm using windowmaker at FreeBSD and found a problem yesterday.
> I've started to use a Sun Type 7 Keyboard, and it has some special keys,
> xorg was configured to recognize these keys and they worked fine. But,
> I add some shortcuts on some menu itens using these keys, when I add
> and save, it works like a charm, but after restart wmaker, it stops working,
> actually, the name of the key don't appear on right side of menu anymore,
> but, the key is still configured inside WMRootMenu, like you can see at this
> entry:
>
> (Run..., SHORTCUT, SunOpen, EXEC, gmrun),
>
> SunOpen is the name of special key, it seems to be a bug, IMHO, what
> do you think?

Just complementing information, when X starts I got some "invalid key
in shortcut" message, i took a look at the code and the problem seems
to happen here in src/wmrootmenu.c:

    ptr->keycode = XKeysymToKeycode(dpy, ksym);
    if (ptr->keycode==0) {
        wwarning(_("%s:invalid key in shortcut \"%s\" for entry %s"), file,
                 shortcutDefinition, entry->text);
        wfree(ptr);
        return False;
    }

XKeysymToKeycode seems to return 0 for it, but after wmaker starts
up, if I just change shortcut it works fine.

--
Renato Botelho