Re: Path to 0.92.1

Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> You missed the bug fixes which happened on Dan's darcs after 0.92.0
> was out, and they are important too.

I did not take a look at the dan branch when I applied these. I had
limited myself to the Debian patches, and the WMCreateFont() bug you
fixed.

> > changeset:   1579:b58506ad5908
> > summary:     gcc-4 asm fixes
>
> This one you said that its author was unknown, but this patch
> was already in the post 0.92.0 development as commit
>
> http://hg.windowmaker.info/wmaker/rev/4dd6af350c2e
> from Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvornik@suse.cz>
>
> > changeset:   1580:2781a4dfcba7
> > summary:     64bit & endian fixes
>
> This one too, it was already there with known author.

I will update these. Thank you.

> > changeset:   1583:8a17d060d62a
> > branch:      wm_0_92_0
> > user:        John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@sbih.org>
> > date:        Sun Oct 26 21:03:36 2008 -0700
> > summary:     Fix keyboard freezing
>
> Hey, you missed the nice commit log which Pedro wrote to explain what
> and why he was doing that fix.
> I think it is equally important as the fix itself to have a good
> explanation of what someone is fixing!

Agreed, good commit logs are vital. I have that email. I will update
that, too.

> Can you fix that?

Absolutely.

> > These are the outstanding bugs that I am aware of. If there are any
> > more - please let me know. The branch compiles on x86_64 with gcc-4.3.2.
>
> Please take a look at the bug fixes after 0.92.0 was out.
>
> For example these:
>
> http://hg.windowmaker.info/wmaker/rev/84918d13ba31
> http://hg.windowmaker.info/wmaker/rev/37e3cebc9f30
> http://hg.windowmaker.info/wmaker/rev/65dc96c51fa1
>
> and a few others.

I will look over these and apply as required.

> I am sorry to perturb you about this.
> You deserve a really big big "thank you" too! :-)

You are welcome, and I would like to thank you for perturbing me! We are
all working towards the same goal, and I appreciate being told when I
made an oversight.

Please expect some volatility in the wm_0_92_0 branch as I back out and
re-apply changesets.

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@sbih.org
                                                                 http  ((((