Re: Path to 0.92.1

John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> I would like to get a new release out as soon as possible. It has been
> over two years since we have had one.
>
> 0.92.0 has some bugs, and getting a bugfix out that adds no new features
> would be ideal.
>
> Some of the bugs I am aware of are compiling on 64 bit, and the keyboard
> freezing every so often. If you know of any other bugs that need
> immediate attention, please post them to the list, preferably with a
> patch or link to a patch.
>
> I will be creating a wm_0_92_0 branch for this development.

I have removed the wm_0_92_0 branch. If you have cloned the repository
from http://hg.windowmaker.info/wmaker please make a new clone.

I am going to do things a little smarter this time:

1) I am going to name the branch wm_0_92 to better reflect that it is
   the 0.92.x release set, and tag the 0.92.1 and future releases as
   they are made. No need to make any further branches off of that line.

2) I will post any proposed changesets before actually applying them. An
   emailed changeset can be applied to a local repository with the
   command ``hg import --exact''

   Local changesets can be submitted via the ``hg email'' command. If
   you don't have this, please enable the ``patchbomb'' extension.

   $ echo "hgext.patchbomb =" >> $HOME/.hgrc

   This will allow us to move forward rapidly and with few mistakes that
   will require a rollback.

I welcome any comments. I am also available on IRC on the #windowmaker
channel on the Freenode network (irc.freenode.net:6667).

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@sbih.org
                                                                 http  ((((