Re: Question about configure/Makefile

Gilbert wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 18:51:07 -0800 (PST)
> rolland.santimano@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> I don't have the answer to your quesn, but it would be really nice to be able to also log the long form of the compile cmd. This would be useful in 2 cases:
>> [1] debug the compile process itself
>> [2] figure out compile flags, headers & libs, etc that get passed for each file
>>
>> Maybe an option to toggle between short & long form output, but which defaults to long form ?

Thanks.
So a possible solution would be to use --quiet in the configuration script to define a variable

QUIET = @echo Compiling $@;

and use $(QUIET)$(CC) everywhere instead of $(CC).

That looks like an acceptable solution, because if QUIET is empty then everything is as verbose
as before.

Will try that later.