Re: Shortcuts patch (was Re: Path to 0.92.1)

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Carlos R. Mafra <crmafra2@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > BTW, I added an extra-patch in FreeBSD ports some time ago, actually,
>> > I took it from fedora rpms, but it's a great new feature, IMHO, could you
>> > take a look and consider (or not) including this into src?
>> >
>> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker/files/extra_dockhotkeys.patch?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fx-cvsweb-markup
>> >
>> > The objective of this patch is to allow you define keyboard shortcut
>> > to a dock, it's usefull since sometimes you don't add a program in
>> > menu, just a dock on cliping or docker, and add a shortcut for it
>> > is great.
>>
>> What did you think about this patch?
>
> Hm, how does it work?
>
> Suppose I want to have shortcuts to some applications (e.g., call
> 'amixer set Master 10+%' by pressing some multimedia key).
> What should I do if I am going to use your patch?
>
> I could try to guess by reading the diff, but it is easier to ask the
> intentions first and see the code later :-)

It won't help you in this case, with this patch, when you
add a dock on docker or on clipping, you can click on it
with right button, go to Settings, and near Icon Image you
will have an option to add a shortcut.

The only difference is you don't need to add on menu the
same item you have docked just to use a shortcut.

--
Renato Botelho