Re: Shortcuts patch (was Re: Path to 0.92.1)

Thanks for the answer!

>> Hm, I compiled your patch but I see no option to add the shortcut.
>> Do I have to enable something? In the patch description from the
>> link above you say it is off by default, but I can't see where
>> I can turn in on.
>
> It's off by default at FreeBSD ports, if you don't check it, it simply
> doesn't apply the patch. There is no option to enable it, just applied
> and it worled fine for me.

Yes, I am sorry about that. I just recompiled your patch and now I see
the new option, and in fact I think it is a quite nice new feature. Congrats.

I think it is a good new feature. I would like to see it upstream!
I don't use dock icons too much myself (mostly dockapps), but I try
to do things with the keyboard instead of the mouse when I can,
so I might eventually use this option.

Maybe after 0.92.1 is released you could send the patch
(with commit message etc) to the mailing list?

>> Ideally I would like to have a configuration file inside ~/GNUstep
>> which would accept something like this
>>
>> <keyboard-shortcut>  "command to execute"
>
> Personally, i don't like this kind of stuff, when I came from fluxbox
> to wmaker, one of the stuffs i really liked was don't need to edit
> a bunch of config files, I believe the ideal is to change the shortcut
> panel at WPrefs to permit you to add custom commands, it would
> be a cleaner solution.

Ok, once I manage to know more about wmaker coding this is definitely
something I want to try. Mostly because I _need_ it badly :-)