Re: Shortcuts patch (was Re: Path to 0.92.1)

Renato Botelho wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Carlos R. Mafra <crmafra@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for the answer!

>>> It's off by default at FreeBSD ports, if you don't check it, it simply
>>> doesn't apply the patch. There is no option to enable it, just applied
>>> and it worled fine for me.
>> Yes, I am sorry about that. I just recompiled your patch and now I see
>> the new option, and in fact I think it is a quite nice new feature. Congrats.
>>
>> I think it is a good new feature. I would like to see it upstream!
>> I don't use dock icons too much myself (mostly dockapps), but I try
>> to do things with the keyboard instead of the mouse when I can,
>> so I might eventually use this option.
>>
>> Maybe after 0.92.1 is released you could send the patch
>> (with commit message etc) to the mailing list?
>
> Sure, i just don't know who is patch's author, since i took
> it from fedora src.rpm, does it matter?

Ah, ok. Thanks for volunteering for this task :-)

It is important to have proper authorship recognized in the logs,
but when this is not possible we can simply have Author: unknown.

In git you would simply have to write 'From: unknown' at the top
of the commit log and git would automatically use it as the
Author:. I don't known how it works out with hg, but maybe John
Robinson knows :-)

I liked the new functionality, and it is working fine here in my tests.