Re: Generating a Menu

John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
sean wrote:
Any chance an upcoming release could include the tools to auto generate an application menu if desired?

Perhaps a button in the preferences area?

Where would it get that information from?

I can think of a few ideas - the package manager similar to Debian's
menu system; search through $PATH; drag and drop from a file browser.

Does not the freedesktop.org specifications require a .desktop file to be considered compliant?

I think that is how KDE and Gnome, as well as some of the more lean interfaces manage it?