Re: wmFilebrowser - a filebrowser in a different way

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:44:32 -0400
sean <tech.junk@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> Looks interesting.
>
> Thumbnails would be a great addition.
> Will this also be an application that you can open up and view files?
> Sort of like Thunar?

At the moment, it's only a pipe menu browser where you can open each
file with the given application shown beside the file. Maybe it will
grow in the future with more features. Thumbnails would be great, but
they aren't realizable with the given menu from Windowmaker. So, at the
moment that's the best you can have, a simple pipe menu browser :)

Maybe I can add some more options to open a "real" file browser in a
specific directory or open a shell. Have to think about some features
anyway, so maybe you can expect some more of it.

> Maybe Windowmaker should incorporate a file manager like this into
> itself?

That's another topic. :) But you can have a look at FSViewer.app
(http://www.bayernline.de/~gscholz/linux/fsviewer/), it's a file
manager written in WINGs, it fits perfectly into Windowmaker.