Re: lost customization during xorg upgrade

Valmor de Almeida wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently upgraded xorg-serve to 1.6.3.901-r2 (gentoo linux) and now
> wmaker does not work with my configuration files (I get the window
> error: Window Maker received signal 6).
>
> Windowmaker was upgraded to 0.92.0-r7 (gentoo); I think. I am not sure
> what version I was running previously. I can get wmaker started by using
> a brand new default GNUStep/. Using wmakerconf I was able to read the
> WindowMaker file which restored some of the my previous configuration.
> Also I copied my previous WMRootMenu file over into GNUStep/Defaults/
> which restored some of my customization. However, I still miss all my
> workspaces, background images (paperwall), window focusing, etc.
>
> Is there a solution to recover all the customization during these
> upgrades? It is the second time I have seen this happening.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Valmor

Just to add to this as I am trying to fix it. It appears that the
differences that cause wmaker to crash are in the WindowMaker file
(GNUstep/Defaults/). The newly created WindowMaker file (using
wmakerconf-2.11) did not read all contents from my old WindowMaker file.
For instance the setting I had for WorkspaceSpecificBack =( ... ) did
not get into the new file. If I try to copy the values for this
variable, I get an instant wmaker crash. Other things that did not get
copied are e.g.

  Shadow = yes;
  AntialiasedText = YES;
  MenuTitleExtendSpace = "-1";
  VirtualEdgeLeftKey = None;
  VirtualEdgeDownKey = None;
  NormalCursor = (builtin, left_ptr);
  WindowShortcut10Key = None;
  NoWindowOverDock = YES;
  WindowShortcut1Key = None;
  WindowShortcut2Key = None;
  MenuTrance = NO;
  WindowTitleExtendSpace = "-1";
  WindowShortcut3Key = None;
  ToggleKbdModeKey = None;
  WindowShortcut4Key = None;
  WindowShortcut6Key = None;
  WorkspaceNameDisplayPosition = center;
  MenuTextExtendSpace = "-1";
  WindowShortcut7Key = None;
  VirtualEdgeUpKey = None;

etc. Don't know whether these will cause a crash if I just copy them
into the WindowMaker file.

Thanks for inputs.

--
Valmor