Re: mouse pointer image

Concrete jungle, oh wmaker-user, you've got to do your best...

Thanks a lot. You replied crazy faster than on an IRC. ;)
I think I've got this thing work for me. Helpful links were:
http://ubuntuforums.org/printthread.php?t=746374&pp=75
http://linuxgator.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=303
http://cooltuxapps.com/10-cool-cursor-themes-for-linux/
Just hope those will be helpful for WM users.
Does anybody know how to make semi-transparent yellow round below cursor? Is
that what the "mask" for?
I should record a screencast with ffmpeg. Should search for this, too, but
don't know how this technique is named.

2009/10/26 08:47:55 -0700 "John H. Robinson, IV" <jaqque@sbih.org> => To
wmaker-user@lists.windowmaker.org :
JHRI> Peter Vereshagin wrote:
JHRI> >
JHRI> > Upon execution WM changes the mouse pointer from 'X' to an arrow.
JHRI> > Can we say it is taken from a picture or it is hard-coded?
JHRI> > I want to tweak mouse cursor image, is it possible at all?
JHRI>
JHRI> You can use the xsetroot(1) command, along with the cursor file of your
JHRI> choosing. If you place that into your
JHRI> ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart then it will run each time
JHRI> Window Maker is started.
JHRI>
JHRI> --
JHRI> John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@sbih.org
JHRI>                                                                  http  ((((
JHRI> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above,         sbih.org ( )(:[
JHRI> as apparently my cats have learned how to type.          spiders.html  ((((
JHRI>
JHRI>
JHRI> --
JHRI> To unsubscribe, send mail to wmaker-user-unsubscribe@lists.windowmaker.org.
JHRI>
73! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org